Friday, June 12, 2009

Trainer Transfer

One of Nairobits trainers Mr. Wilson Masaka will be joining another training institution based in Zanzibar namely Zanzibits. The institution emerged from Nairobits and hence they share the same model one being working with youths from disadvantaged backgrounds by empowering them with creative ICT skills; Wilson will be taking the responsibilities of training, project management, and co-ordination in Zanzibits. We the bloggers had an opportunity to have a one on one interview with him and he had this to say;
“As a trainer I have learnt so many morals from my students from the different environments and background they come from, their way of life and uniqueness which is good for inter-cultural exchange, and am positive that I will take along with me all the experience have had both technical, creative and life skills. The inspirations I have from people around me especially the youth makes it even fun to work and feel motivated to achieve more, I must admit it brings good understanding and respect between us. I’m looking forward to see young people excel well professionally and overcome challenges, one of the great things I’m looking forward to is to learn good Swahili language and when I return I will be able to share my experiences around. One advice I would love to leave with everyone is that imitations is limitation of your creativity”.