Thursday, April 16, 2009

Course Two Updates

We have had our Course Two Students for the past three weeks and so far, it clearly shows that they are enjoying their stay. While in course two, they learn more on internet usage combined with online presentation. Inside the Web consists of 12 lessons in which students learn the basics of internet, do an exchange and create their own site.

Their expectations are that they become good web designers and developers having in mind the Basic Principles and Elements in the respective fields. After the whole course which takes 3 months, they are expected to have their own Neighborhood website and also a group cultural website. We interviewed a few of them and this is what they had to say:

Pascal Odhiambo
He comes from SID. "Am very happy that i have made it to course two, and I owe all the success to my perseverance I had to go through to learn ICT. The road to success is narrow and only the determined ones achieve their goals.My aim is to fuse my creativity in website creation and ultimately be able to make it to Media lab and get employed.
I know the road map won’t be easy but believing in myself is what I believe which will help me to reach my target."

Emily Wanjiru
From Mathare environmental, said "It so satisfying to know that after hard work success follows.
I must admit that proper planning was the right recipe for me to be here in course two, and my focus now, is to be one of the best students in web creation by acquiring the skills. I believe that everyone is eying to be in media lab and am in for it, because this will be tighter than course one; and it will be even greater to make it up there.
Impossible things only happen in our minds as it all starts with our thinking."

Sammy kamau
From Muyog (Marurui Youth Group).
"I see my self as a determined young man who stops at nothing towards reaching my destiny and being in course two and even advancing to Media lab will be great. Am happy to be back again for it’s a new page to write on and am expecting to be proficient in website creation during my stay here."

"One great thing I have learnt and would love to leave with my fellow students is that you should take advantage of the chance given and make the best out of it”.

Annette Moraa
From Mathare environmental, Said, "Am very happy and lucky to be back, for every time I work hard the luckier I become. In my opinion I believe that hard work, actively participating in class and finishing assignments are the ingredients to success.
My expectations are that I want to join media lab, have the ICT skills with me and work in design company."